Friday, April 22, 2016

Reading and rhyming

The RhyPiBoMo challenge continues!


I'm reading lots of rhyming picture books and enjoying the daily blog posts by authors, agents, and editors on Angie's site. I think I'm even rhyming in my sleep...

It's inspiring me to go back to a rhyming manuscript I set aside, as well as beginning to imagine a new one...of course the novel is still taking precedence. And the editing, reviewing, and posting about National Poetry Month! I'm not getting much time to breathe.

(Truth be told, my kids are watching wayy too much TV. Sigh.)

So here's a list of rhyming picture books I've been reading (with help from my 6-year-old)

By Day, By Night by Amy Gibson illus. Meilo So
Turntable Timmy by Michael Perry illus. Doug Cunningham
We All Went on Safari: A Counting Journey through Tanzania by Laurie Krebs illus. Julia Cairns
Oh Say Can You Say Di-no-saur? by Bonnie Worth illus. Steve Haefele
Dino-Basketball by Lisa Wheeler illus. Barry Gott
Come to the Castle by Linda Ashman illus. S.D. Schindler

More still to come!

No comments: