Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Poetry Editor at Literary Mama!

I am so excited to announce that I have become the Poetry Editor at Literary Mama!


I have been working with Literary Mama since 2009 as the Associate Poetry Editor, which meant copyediting poems and posting them to the site. I also wrote a lot of book reviews, round-ups, and the occasional interview for the site. I loved working with former Poetry Editor Sharon Kraus, and although we haven't yet met in person, we developed a good relationship, built on our mutual love of poetry.

When Sharon stepped down from her post, I was still on a year-long sabbatical, so Editor-in-Chief Maria Scala and new Editorial Assistant Erin Rodoni held down the fort until last month, when I was pleased to accept the reins to the department.

It's an exciting challenge to read and catalog submissions (Erin and I try to read every submission and compare notes), communicate with authors, and then shepherd each poem through the editorial process to publication. There's so much good poetry coming in! I'm still getting my bearings, but I think that I'm starting to settle into a routine.

Not that editing poems is routine! It's so thrilling to be elbow-deep in poetry again, to be working with poets and editors, and to dream about new ways to share poems with readers.

No comments: