Friday, June 21, 2013

Writer's Block

I hadn't realized how long it had been since I wrote new poems or on this blog.  I've been working on reviews, and had a few publish in the past year, but poetry was just not coming to me for months and months.

Part of it was that I was so busy revamping our back patio, taking it from an overgrown shed surrounded by concrete to a Tiki-themed patio, lawn, and garden. Woo-hoo!
Before...

After!  
So maybe my creativity was just too sapped to write poems, too.

I felt really guilty about "cheating" on my poetry whenever I had spare time, but then I read this great blog post, "Time to Waste Time," by a lovely woman I met through Literary Mama, and I began to relax. And then the poems began to come. Funny how that works.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried the link to the article, because I definitely want to hear that it's okay to waste time, but it didn't work. Is there an update, perhaps? How wonderful that in relaxing and just being, your poems started coming. Yay to that!